We are always on the look out for new writing, so send us your work. Rest assured that we read and respond to every submission we receive.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Submit your work by filling out all fields below.
- We accept fiction, poetry, creative non-fiction, book reviews, essays, literary commentaries, fun listicles, and any writing with a literary bent.
- We do not accept submissions that have been published elsewhere.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine. All we ask is that you notify us when your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Because we publish for an online audience, we prefer works that are short, sharp, and exciting. Suggested word count:
- Fiction: no more than 2500 words.
- Book review: no more than 1500 words.
- Literary commentary and essays: no more than 1500 words.
- Always include a short bio and photograph of yourself. Feel free to make the photograph as playful or as formal as you like.
- Once you submit to the system, know that we will receive your submission. And so because of this, we usually do not acknowledge reception unless emailed separately. However, we are working on a way to immediately acknowledge submissions.
- You retain the copyright of your work. However, we do require that you credit Brittle Paper as the original publisher of the work.
- Be advised that we will edit your work and sometimes change the title, and if we consider the latter, we will inform you.
- We receive around 120 submissions monthly, and because of this, we are unable to reply right away. Unless it is a rejection, our reply would take more than two weeks. Currently, though, we are clearing our slush pile so that, from May onwards, it would be possible to reply within a week.
- Any enquiries could be sent to email@example.com.
Image by Helen Cassidy via Flickr