We are always on the look out for new writing, so send us your work. Be rest assured that we read and respond to every submission we receive.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Submit your work by filling out all fields below.
- We accept fiction, book reviews, poetry, essays, literary commentaries, and fun listicles.
- We do not accept submissions that have been published elsewhere.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine. All we ask is that you notify us when your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Be conscious of the fact that you are writing for an online audience, so keep things short, sharp, and exciting. Suggested word count:
- Fiction: no more than 2500 words
- Book review: no more than 1500 words
- Literary commentary/essays: no more than 1500 words.
- Always include a brief greeting in your submission email.
- Always include a short bio and photograph of yourself. Feel free to make the photograph as playful or as formal as you like.
- You retain the copyright of your work. However, we do require that you credit Brittle Paper as the original publisher of the work.
- Be advised that we will edit your work and sometimes change the title.
Image by Helen Cassidy via Flickr