Another prize awarding literary excellence has surfaced. The Okike Prize for Literature is a new initiative promoting writing by Nigerian undergraduates.
Submissions can be made in any of the three main genres of literature: Drama, Poetry and Prose (Fiction), with a mouth-watering sum of N50,000 to be won in each category.
The deadline is 5 June, 2017. Here are their submission guidelines:
1. The work, if prose, shall be fiction and shall not exceed 1,500 words.ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. The work, if poetry, must be limited to 1,000 words.
3. The work, if drama, must not exceed 3,000 words. And the Acts and Scenes must be clearly demarcated.
4. All submissions must have their word count written clearly on the upper left side of the work. The name of the writers shall not be written on the work or on the attachment.
5. All submissions must carry a cover letter, to be written in the body of the email. It shall contain the writer’s name, his email address, his university, and his phone number.
6. The winners are expected to attend the award ceremony and participate in any promotional activities for the prize.
7. There shall be no correspondence in relation to the decision of the judges.
8. Submissions can be made by Undergraduates in all Nigerian universities (only).
9. No submission shall be considered after the deadline.
10. The winner in each Category would be published in the prize anthology.
Visit the organiser’s site for more information.
Please Note: Brittle Paper is neither responsible for this initiative nor do we have a stake in its popularity.