There is a new journal in town! Gyara is a Ghana-based platform focused on showcasing new writing.
The theme of the debut issue is “change.” The editors are asking writers to send in “non-fiction, book reviews, memoirs, essays and interviews” exploring this theme from a “range of perspectives.” They encourage writers in all stages of their career to apply.
Deadline is May 31, 2018. (In 3+ days!)
Read full submission guidelines:
- All submissions must be in English, we also consider translations with the name and permission of the original author alongside.
- We only accept submissions through submittable.com. If you do not have a submittable account, you can open one by clicking “My Account” at the top right corner of this page.
- Please send original works that have not been previously published either in print or online.
- Please send word files in .doc or .docx format, 12pt font size, 1.5 spaced and in a readable font.
- The recommended word count for non-fiction is between 1000-3000 words, however works that are longer than this may be considered depending on their quality.
- Send a bio of not more than 100 words in third person. If you wish to write under a pseudonym, please state so in your cover letter.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, however, please inform us in your cover letter. If your work is accepted elsewhere, kindly withdraw your submission from the database.
- The reading period for this issue is from 20th April, 2018 to 31st May, 2018 by 23 : 59 GMT.
- You can expect a response from us within 4 weeks.
Click here to find out more.