Chibundu Onuzo’s third novel titled Sankofa is making serious waves. The novel, which tells the story of a British woman who returns to the West African country of her birth, is clearly a hit. It was published by Virago Books in the U.K., Catapult in the U.S., and Narrative Landscape Press in Nigeria. Sankofa is resonating with readers, and there is proof!
1. The book has been sighted on billboards in London and New York City.
2. Last week, we shared that the book had been selected as the October feature of Oscar winner Reese Witherspoon’s book club.
3. Sankofa has been selected for the very popular book show Between the Covers aired on BBC2.
4. The novel gets a New York Times Books review, one of the most coveted endorsements in the publishing industry.
5. Sankofa was featured on the American TV show The View.