WriteNow is a creative writing NGO that was founded in 2017 by Nigerian writer and poet Kehinde Badiru. In partnership with the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), they have organized literary tours to schools in Akwa Ibom (2017), Ibadan (2018) and Lagos (2019) to teach students the art of creative writing at no expense.
WriteNow has published two eponymous magazines which featured writings from students at the secondary and tertiary level from all over the country. They are currently open for submissions for their third edition. Writers are invited to submit their best quarantine-inspired or COVID-themed writing for publication in the magazine.
- Submission is open to Nigerian students and writers home and abroad.
- Open to published and unpublished writers.
- Entries must be original works.
- The editorial panel at WriteNow may edit selected entries if need be.
- Poetry (no more than 10 lines), Non-Fiction (150 words), and micro/fiction (100 words).
- Kindly send your entry as an MS word attachment to [email protected]
- Preferred font: Arial 12 point, double line spacing for Fiction/Non-Fiction, single line for Poetry
- Entrants should include name and word count on the first page of their manuscript.
- Follow “Write Now” on all Social Media platforms. Who knows? An Ice cream may be waiting there.