The Green We Left Behind is a literary project aimed at raising awareness for the issue of climate change. The project is curated by Arts Lounge Magazine, with support from the French embassy.
The earlier call for submissions had invited entries of creative non-fiction pieces for a nonfiction anthology to be titled “The Green We Left Behind,” which will be made available in both English and French. The top entries were promised varying cash prizes, including compensation for finalists.
The winners of the contest have finally been announced. They were made known at a literary event in Abuja where the anthology was formally launched.
See the winners below:
1st Joint Winners (100,000 Naira)
- Enit’ayanfe Ayosojumi Akinsanya: “Paint It in The Colour They Can See”
- Chikwendu H. Anugba: “Changing Times”
2nd Joint Winners (80,000 Naira)
- Lilian Chizoba Pilaku: “Iyionuokpu
- Agaigbe Uhembansha: The Village Pond”
3rd Joint Winners (60,000 Naira)
- Regina Achie Nege: “Charred”
- Uzor Maxim Uzoatu: “Father of All Flora”
Honourary Mentions: 20,000 Naira each
- Okechi Okeke: “On The Wall of Our Family”
- Toyin Adewale Gabriel: “Dreaming of Possibilities”
- Bilqisu Abubakar: “Fumes of The City”
- Abibat A. Ibrahim: “A Day in Memory
- Elizabeth Onogwu: “Reminices”
Congratulations to the winners!