Short Story Day Africa (SSDA), the continent’s most important institution for short fiction, have announced their 2018 Flow Workshops in partnership with the Goethe-Institut. They are inviting applications to attend the workshops in Windhoek, Addis Ababa, and Nairobi. Due to the non-attendance of some accepted participants in the past, a registration fee is now required, payable directly to participating Goethe-Instituts. Only successful applicants will be notified, after the deadline.
Here are details of the three workshops:
- Creative Flow Workshop: Saturday, 22 September, 2018
- Editing and Redrafting Workshop: Saturday 29 September, 2018
- Registration fee of N$50 (Namibian Dollars) per workshop payable to Goethe-Institut, Windhoek
- Application deadline: 10 September, 2018
ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
- Creative Flow Workshop: Saturday 29 September 2018
- Application deadline: 15 September, 2018
- Registration fee of 100 birr payable to Goethe-Institut, Addis Ababa
- Creative Flow Workshop: Saturday, 6 October, 2018
- Application deadline: 20 September, 2018
- Registration fee of 350Ksh payable to Goethe-Institut, Nairobi
SSDA will be giving preference to applications from writers working on entries for the 2018 Short Story Day Africa Prize.
Here’s how to apply as stated on SSDA’s Website:
Send a 200 word sample of your original writing, or a 200 word sample of your SSDA Prize entry, along with a short biographical statement (include your phone number) of no more than 100 words, to [email protected] with the subject line HOTEL AFRICA FLOW and the city you are applying for, i.e. HOTEL AFRICA FLOW NAIROBI if you are applying for Nairobi, HOTEL AFRICA FLOW ADDIS if you are applying for Addis.
You can also apply via SSDA’s Website.