Ake Review, annual publication of the Ake Book and Arts Festival, is accepting submissions for its 2021 edition.
The 2021 festival is themed “Generational Discordance” and will be held virtually for the second time. Writers are invited to submit poetry, fiction, non-fiction and visual art exploring the theme.
1. Poetry – up to 4 poems.
2. Fiction – up to 4000 words.
3. Non-fiction – up to 2000 words.
4. Visual Art – high resolution JPEG.
- Submissions should be sent as attachments in Word (or JPEG for Visual Art) via email.
- Include a subject title: AR submissions
- Include a Writer/Artist bio of up to 70 words.
- One submission per person.
- All submissions must be previously unpublished.
- Submissions should be forwarded to [email protected]
Deadline: Friday 6 August, 2021.
Note: Creatives whose work are accepted for the journal will receive two complimentary copies and a modest honorarium.
Follow Ake Review on Twitter for updates: @akereview