Poets in Nigeria (PIN) has made a call for submissions for the November edition of its 10-Day Poetry Challenge. This month’s contest, which is “geared towards stimulating consistent and spontaneous creativity,” will be the last for the year. Entries will be entertained between 13th and 22nd of November, 2017.
In an email to Brittle Paper, the Challenge’s moderator, Chisom Okafor, whose poetry we’ve published, stated that “ten exceptional entries will be officially published on PIN’s Facebook Page and may likely be featured in the next edition of PIN Quarterly Journal and on Pulse.ng,our media partner.”
Here are things to note.
- Entries will be entertained between 13th and 22nd of November, 2017.
- Theme: No specific theme, feel free to explore relevant subject-matters.
- Entries must be freshly written and previously unpublished in any form.
- Each entrant is entitled to a single entry during the 10 days.
- Entries must be original intellectual property of the entrants.
- Submissions are welcome from all countries of the world.
- Submissions should be accompanied by entrant’s photograph, brief biography and contact information comprising full name, email address, postal address and phone number (in the body of the email).
- All submissions should be forwarded to [email protected] and tagged: “PIN 10-Day Poetry Challenge (November 2017).”
- All entrants should subscribe to www.poetsinnigeria.org.ng for regular updates.
This is a helpful opportunity for budding Nigeria poets.