What’s your diabetes story? Are you diabetic? Have you been impacted by the experiences of a family/friend/patient with diabetes?
To mark World Diabetes Day, Miss BloodSugar created a platform to share your diabetes story with thousands of Nigerians. The aim of the project is to use the art of storytelling to create awareness.
1. Send a personal narrative of 500-1,000 words to www.missbloodsugar.com. It could be about you or someone else.
2. We are interested in nonfiction stories that capture the effects of diabetes on relationships, religion, finances, lifestyle choices, and of course health.
3. Entries are accepted from 1 September – 15 October 2019.
4. Winners will be announced on World Diabetes Day, 14 November 2019.
5. First place receives N30,000; second place: N20,000; and third place: N10,000. The first place winner’s work will appear on Bella Naija.
6. The best fifteen entries will be collected in an anthology titled Naija Book of Diabetes Stories. The fifteen writers will receive free copies.
For more updates on the competition, join our Twitter and Instagram community on @missbloodsugar.