Brittle Paper is excited to announce the 2023 submission call for our annual festive anthology!
Our first volume, HomeGrown Joy, was an absolute joy because we got to close out 2022 with a big literary bang, and 2023 will be no different! The festive period is a time to treasure the past months’ highlights, cherish time with loved ones, and look to the future with starry eyes. Brittle Paper wants to keep up the tradition of reflecting on all of these special moments with our literary community. So, this year, we are giving all of you brilliant writers a ‘festive trio challenge’ as our second volume’s theme is Recipes, Rituals & Resolutions.
We are looking for poetry, fiction, non-fiction, and essays centered on recipes, rituals and resolutions during any festive holiday. So, if you have a recipe with a story, a ritual close to your heart, or a resolution for the new year, write it down and share it with us!
Submissions are now open and will close on 24 November 2023.
- Email your submission to [email protected].
- Email subject heading: “Festive Anthology Submission”
- Include an author picture and biography.
- Each submission needs to consist of only one piece of original and unpublished work, but simultaneous submissions are allowed.
- Submissions need to be in Word format.
- Poetry submission word limit: 500 words
- Non/Fiction and Essay submission word limit: 3500 words
- Selection process will take place after the deadline.
*Please note that entries are not limited to Christmas and can explore any form of festive celebration.