African writers are forever blessing our feeds with photos of all the cool stuff they are up to. Here is quick recap for your viewing.
Each author’s instagram account has been linked, so feel free to check out their page and follow them. Enjoy!
1. Akwaeke Emezi serving us some new looks as they prepare for a slew new book releases.
2. Mona Eltahawy headlined the African Writes festival in London, and she shut down the place with her signature radical feminist rallying cry to bring down the patriarchy.
3. African literature professor Jean-Marie Jackson was in London to look up some archival materials for her recently awarded project, but she clearly also looked up some super-cool friends: Botswana poet TJ Dema and African literature professors Kirk Sides and Madhu Krishnan.
4. Finnish-Nigerian feminist author Minna Salami filmed an “interview about sexuality desire” in Finland.
5. While Mona Eltahawy was in London, she met up with Nigerian gay rights activist Bisi Alimi.
6. Nigerian poet Inua Ellams stopped by the South Bank Center for an hour-long conversation with friends.
7. Lolá Ákínmádé Åkerström was in Lagos to promote her book In Every Mirror She is Black.
8. Booker Prize winning author Bernardine Evaristo looked stunning in the first event, hosted at the South Bank, to promote her memoir titled Manifesto.
9. British-Somali author Nadifa Mohamed visited the world depicted in her book The Fortune Men. In the photo, she is pictured meeting the son of one of the novel’s main characters.
10. Ellah Wakatama was at the Manchester literary festival where she chatted with Elif Shafak.
11. Liberian American novelist Wayétu Moore shared this gorgeous celebration of literary sisterhood. Who else do you recognize in the photo?